26 Great Ways We Saved and Earned This Week
As always, we have saved and earned using many of the methods we shared previously in the “Ways We Saved and Earned This Week” Series, including sticking to the “Just Make Do” Method, using draft dodgers, dressing warm, turning off lights, packing drinks and snacks for traveling and more.
Here are additional, specific ways we saved and earned this week.
- We disconnected our internet and cable. I went in personally to return the supplies and let them know to turn it off. We used to have a phone/internet/cable bundle, and it cost a ridiculous $176/month. With the switch we will have faster internet, better cable and will only be paying $59.99/month.
- We shut off our house phone. We only get sales calls on it anyway. This combined with the previous items will save us over $100/month.
- We combined errands both in and out of town to save gas. We even made a point to round up consignment items when we discovered that we had to make an unexpected return trip to Springfield.
- We let items with damp waistbands, cuffs and collars finish air drying after a tumble in the dryer.
- We made a point to load the dryer ASAP to retain the heat so that it didn’t have a chance to cool down and be required to reheat.
- We shopped local ads for cat food and kitty litter.
- We searched online coupons for kitty litter and cat food discounts.
- Used the Target Redcard to receive an additional 5% off our kitty litter and cat food purchases. This is not a charge card, but a debit card linked to your account.
- Checked & used the balance on a Casey’s Gift Card, plus a coupon, to buy a pizza for my daughter and her friends.
- Took my daughter to Ross to shop for Jeans ($3-$10). These are brand new, fit well and last. The bonus was she paid for them herself! While we were there more than one person asked about our savings goals because they overheard my daughter and I discussing what was a want versus a need and how to make her money last. One young lady talked to me for over 30 minutes asking specifics on how we plan to save. It was great being able to share from the list I had created.
- Uploaded the Kroger Free Friday Download for a free bottle of juice. There are several stores participating in this (we just use Kroger). Please click this link to see if a store near you participates. For more on how to get the best deals at Kroger click here.
- Updated our Amazon Subscribe & Save by moving some items to a future month since we will not need them in February. (Students use this link, and we will both receive a $5 Amazon credit.
- Said NO to buying a beautiful but inexpensive picture at Ross. Said no to an adorable, rock bottom priced shirt at one of my favorite consignment shops.
- Set a limit when I created our budget for how much I would spend on deals and half price items from My Clever Container Party. And even though it took quite a bit of shifting and re-shifting my items I was able to pull it off. I could have gotten more for my money by purchasing high dollar items at half price, but instead I chose to purchase the four items that would total and fit into my budgeted amount.
Ways We Earned
- We took some clean, up-to-date, unwanted clothes and books to one of our favorite resale shops and received $8 cash. It was the girl’s stuff so the girl’s received the cash and I removed some more clutter.
- We earned Swagbucks using the search engine, answering the daily poll and completing the NOSOs. It takes less than two minutes a day and leads to gift cards I can use in store or online. Use this link and I will be awarded for referring you and you may even receive a bonus yourself.
- Uploaded receipts to Receipt Hog and earned points towards an Amazon Gift Card.
- Referred friends to Ibotta and they earned a $10 bonus when they turned in their first purchase while I earned a $5 bonus. (This only works if you use this referral or another from a friend. You can use this link or the one previously, and earn the same $10 bonus by signing up today. It is a limited offer.)
- Logged in each day to Purina Pet Perks to earn points towards a free bag of food.
- Used Vindale Rewards. Use the attached link and earn $2 for just completing your profile. (My daughter has been using this program for a few weeks, but we did not share it until we were sure it was legit and not too time consuming- how much you earn is based on the amount of effort you wish to put forth. The same goes for the remaining list.)
- Answered surveys at Global Test Market. (Once again my adult daughter has been completing these while watching TV or chilling on the sofa.)
- Answered surveys at My Survey.
- Used Inbox Dollars. This link rewards my daughter for you joining their site.
- Participated in Harris Poll Online.
- Participated in Toluna
- Participated in VIP Voice.
For additional ways to save and earn be sure to check out our series here.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy here.
Find this post to be useful? Please share it, pin it, tweet it and more.
This post is linked up at a variety of link ups.
For an extensive list of the link ups we enjoy and link to click here.