15 Simple Ways to Organize Your Hair Accessories
We have all been there. It’s 20 minutes before you need to walk out the door, and NO ONE can find a single hair tie, headband or matching hair accessory? With three long haired ladies in our house, there has ALWAYS been an influx of hair accessories.
Beautiful accessories. Broken accessories. Missing accessories. And even “someday” accessories. Having so many accessories was not only overwhelming, it was unmanageable. I am embarrassed to say, that for many, many years we did NOT have a reasonable storage solution for our accessories. Hence the broken and missing part. In my defense, we didn’t have internet or a computer, let alone Pinterest, but at some point I said “Enough is Enough” and found pretty, creative ways to store our accessories. You can find more about those here.
NOW, we have this amazing thing called Pinterest, where you can find oodles and oodles of DIY, zero budget hair accessory organizing ideas with a variety of designs and patterns. I gathered 15 of my favorites here, today, in hopes of inspiring YOU to organize your hair accessories, so that you don’t have the stress and tears we did over broken and missing hair accessories.
4. Don’t have enough counter space to have an organizer on the counter? GO vertical with this idea. Complete tutorial and detailed photos can be found at Baubles n’ Babbles. I am thinking of doing it with our hot chocolate container organizers from above.
5. Add chicken wire or ribbon to an old frame. This way YOU control the size, design and number of items you can keep. A step-by-step tutorial can be found here.
7. Use a belt or ribbon. It’s quick, it’s easy and it’s FREE.
8. Purchase small clear pocket organizer for less than $10. They are often double sided and have a variety of pocket sizes. BONUS: It hangs in a closet, as well as on a door or wall.
9. Hanging cloth organizer with ribbon added. You can even make it dual purposed and organize all your supplies in one place. Amanda at Heartland Happy shares this photo and clear step-by-step tutorial here.
10. Yarn hair. This is perfect to do with your preschooler or school age children. You can make the head and hair match each of them. Photo and details can be found at Redtedart.
Pony Tail Holders & Bobby Pins
11. Use mounted dowels to hold hair ties, pony tail holders and even bracelets. Find the complete tutorial here.
You can find more inspiration and additional ideas on our Hair Accessories Organization Board.
Do you need to organize more than your hair accessories? Would you like some printables, motivation and friends to move you along and share ideas? Join our 30 Day Organizing Challenge. You can find the details here.
This post is linked up at a variety of link ups.
For an extensive list of the link ups we enjoy and link to click here.
This post contains affiliate links at not cost to you. For details read our disclosure policy here.